Founders of City Arts, Claire Struthers-Semple and Isabel Carmona Andreu have lived locally for over 17yrs and are committed to creating a community arts hub that is accessible for all.
Claire is passionate about the local community, and building interactions between people of different ages through art.
Isabel Carmona Andreu is an artist who enjoys sharing her skills with others and encouraging them to create art, in any shape or form.
Donna Lewis is our Events and PR Manager, she is also a photographer and teacher with a passion for the local arts, bookbinding and poetry.
Who We are and What We Do
We run quality art workshops, courses and events for all ages and abilities. We also hold Exhibitions and Arts & Crafts Fairs.
Our Community Events include, Chalkfest, Applefest, Poetry Gatherings & Community Days.
In 2017, we started our Fundraising Project to convert a former Wesleyan Chapel and Sunday School, into a community-orientated Art-Hub, with a Gallery, Café and Workshop Space – for beginners to experienced artists, old and young alike…
At present, we’re open throughout March to December, whenever a workshop, event or course is running. For more info and to get involved, check out our ‘What’s On’ page and drop-down Menu or Contact Us.
Part of our commitment to the community, is our ethos regarding equality and inclusion – this is reflected in the work City Arts is involved in, and why our fundraising is so important:
* We support vulnerable youths in the community, by providing community work for them
* We run £1 & Free Events: Chalkfest ~ Applefest ~ Mandala Day ~ Graffiti Mural Competition ~ Wall Hanging Day
* We offer a (low-income) payment plan for all of our workshops & courses
* We support home-schoolers with curriculum-based workshops and extracurricular activities
* You can hire City Arts from only £10 per hour – for exhibitions, gatherings, workshops, classes, meetings etc
* We run a free, monthly Poetry Gathering for adults & teens
* We provide a space for local artists, craftspeople and students to exhibit their work
* We work with people living with Dementia, encouraging communication through creativity
* We work with and support local, independent small businesses
We do all of this in our spare time and are completely self-funded!!