Two Weekend of Christmas Arts and Crafts Fairs at City Arts Newbury.
Dates are: 26th and 27 November 2016 and 3rd and 4th December
City Arts welcomes 30 artisans and artists over 2 weekends of Art Fairs. The stalls change every weekend so you are advised to visit at least twice.
Stalls will sell from chocolates to ceramics, artisan soap to original printmaking, furniture to artwork of various media, local teas and many different types of handmade decorations.
This is an ideal opportunity to get that special, handmade, local present for a special loved one!
Artists participating include:
- ceramicists Christine Lack and Lone Hudson, Sally Bettridge, Martin Eastabrook and Ursula Waechter;
- printmakers Isabel Carmona, Rahima Kenner and Pam Hardman,
- digital artist Ben Honisett,
- photographers Debborah Taylor and Rachel Cheer,
- silkpainting by Helen Mortimer and Rosemary Lawrey,
- creative textiles by Christine Highnett,
- meditation art by Sam Buller,
- silkscreen artwork by Charlotte Adcock,
- turned wood by Alan Hulford.
Local produce and crafts include:
- chocolates by Chocolates by T,
- locally sourced infusions by Verity Murricane,
- soaps by Linda Marshman,
- Christmas decorations by Melanie Brown, Pat Lawton and Alida Balaceanu,
- cardmaking supplies by Sarah Douglas,
- charity goods by Dorothy Aromando Art Fund.
Plus the City Arts Newbury stall with coffee and cakes and also delicious hot soup on sale.
Doors open each day from 11 am to 3pm.
Come and visit us – we look forward to meeting you!
For further information and for directions to the venue see our contact page
In October, our activities concentrate at weekends and during half term. See below for detail links to the specific workshop/activity
Sat 1st October – Funky Felt and Leaves with Wendy Lloyd
8th October – Art Shed with Rachel Cheer
9th October – Poetry Gathering with Donna Lewis
23rd October – Apple Pressing day with Claire Struthers-Semple
24th October – Decopatch with Helen Mortimer
25th October – Arty Science with Donna Lewis
27th and 28th October – Halloween special with Kayleigh Eve
29th October – Bookbinding with Donna Lewis
30th October – Silk painting with Sarah Moorcroft
There are loads of workshops and events this summer at City Arts Newbury: a few details below:
1st August – Silk Painting workshop with Sarah Moorcroft
2nd August – Art Shed for all ages
3rd to 5th August – Collagraph workshop with Isabel Carmona
6th August – Japanese bookbinding with Donna Lewis
7th August – City Arts at the Farmers Market
9th August – Home Is – Draw and Build with Jennifer Forakis
10th August – Sewn Bookmaking with Isabel Carmona
12th August – Chalkfest 2016
13th August – Printfest
15th August – Manga Graffiti with Donna Lewis
17th August – Cartoon Graffiti with Donna Lewis
24th August – Foam Marbling with Rachel Cheer
27th to 28th August – Pinhole Photography with Donna Lewis
29th Aug – 2nd Sept – Summer Signing Course