Friday 22 October 2021 , 10am to 3:30pm. £45
This workshop is for adults.
Create a multi-layered book of work incorporating gel-prints, simple line monoprints and collage.
We will use acrylic paints to create layers of transparent colour, using simple printed patterns, masks and stencils. We will then work over the top of this with images of leaves and seedheads from gelli plates & monoprints.
We will collage the elements together in a concertina book to create a unique, mixed media piece of work.
A fun experimental workshop, no experience necessary (and you don’t need to be able to draw!)
About the tutor
Find tutor information for Karen Carter here
Other costs and Materials to bring
Due to CoVid 19 we are unable to share materials so please bring the following:
- Flat leaves & seedheads for reference and for printing with.
- A selection of flat textured items is also useful such as wallpaper, bubblewrap, lace, etc (the tutor will also bring some)
- Lightweight papers for printing on – whatever you want to try out, e.g. coloured tissue, handmade, book pages etc – the tutor will bring plain white paper
- Scissors, craft knife, water pot, biro, glue stick, drawing pencil, ruler
- Roller & gelli plate if you have one – DON’T BUY SPECIALLY – the tutor will have these available to borrow.
- Acrylic paints – whatever you have – if buying specially just buy primary colours and white
- Mixing palette – an old plate or tear off palette is fine, brushes (whatever you have)
- Apron, baby wipes, kitchen roll
Please bring your own mug for these sessions. There will be hot water for drinks to have during the session.
Please remember also to bring your own packed lunch.
Participant numbers and social distancing
Workshop participant numbers will be capped at 6 people to retain small group numbers.
Please note that we will be observing social distancing whilst trying to make this as normal a workshop as possible. Bring your own face mask. Do not attend if you, or members of your household, feel unwell or have CoVid-like symptoms. In any case we will be following the government guidance for our activities and if the guidance changes, we’ll be bound to observe it as necessary.
Please note that a ticketing fee of £2 is included in the price of this workshop and this is not refundable in any circumstance.
If you are unable to attend the workshop and you cancel your attendance more than two weeks prior to the workshop, the ticketing fee above will be retained. If you cancel less than two weeks before the workshop no fees are refundable.
In the event of City Arts having to cancel the workshop due to participants’ numbers falling below the minimum requirement or government advice changes, we will refund the whole workshop amount.