Wednesday 19 May2021, 10am to 3:30pm £45
This workshop is for adults.
A fun day experimenting with expressive ways of using acrylic paint & pastels. We will use brushes, palette knives, cardboard & pipettes to convey the many qualities of trees and woodlands .
These techniques will then be incorporated into a painting of a bluebell wood, with a step-by-step demonstration.
A basic experience of acrylics would be useful. Exercises, demos and individual help throughout the day.
Further Acrylic day courses with Karen are available
About the tutor
Find tutor information for Karen Carter here
Other costs and Materials to bring
Due to CoVid 19 we are unable to share materials so please bring the following:
- Heavy watercolour paper x 2 sheets (approx. 250gsm) (A3 or bigger)
- Heavy cartridge paper for initial studies and exercises
- Soft drawing pencil, rubber
- Oil pastels or chalk pastels or artists crayons such as Neocolour – whatever you have (don’t buy specially, the tutor will also bring some)
- Acrylic paints – primaries plus any others you have – if buying specially just buy primary colours and white….a Process Magenta would be useful for Bluebells.
- Mixing palette with a large flat area (plates are fine), range of brushes (whatever you have – including some large ones and fine ones)
- Palette knife if you have one (don’t buy specially)
- Kitchen roll, water pot, water spray bottle if you have one
- Inspiration – photos / sketches of trees & woodlands
- Old clothes / apron,
Please bring your own mug for these sessions. There will be hot water for drinks to have during the session.
Please remember also to bring your own packed lunch.
Participant numbers and social distancing
Workshop participant numbers will be capped at 6 people to retain small group numbers.
Please note that we will be observing social distancing whilst trying to make this as normal a workshop as possible. Bring your own face mask. Do not attend if you, or members of your household, feel unwell or have CoVid-like symptoms. In any case we will be following the government guidance for our activities outdoors and if the guidance changes, we’ll be bound to observe it as necessary.
Please note that a ticketing fee of £2 is included in the price of this workshop and this is not refundable in any circumstance.
If you are unable to attend the workshop and you cancel your attendance more than two weeks prior to the workshop, the ticketing fee above will be retained. If you cancel less than two weeks before the workshop no fees are refundable.
In the event of City Arts having to cancel the workshop due to participants’ numbers falling below the minimum requirement or government advice changes, we will refund the whole workshop amount.