Wednesday 30 June 2021 , 10am to 3:30pm. £45 [SALES CLOSED]
This workshop is for adults.
Create a multi-layered mixed media piece of work in this fun experimental workshop – no experience necessary (and you don’t need to be able to draw!)
We will use acrylic paints to create layers of transparent colour, spatters and drips over a collaged base, adding simple printed patterns and stencils. We will then work over the top of this with drawn and painted elements to make lively mixed media images.
There will be lots of demos & step-by-step instruction in this fun and informal workshop.
About the tutor
Find tutor information for Karen Carter here
Other costs and Materials to bring
Due to CoVid 19 we are unable to share materials so please bring the following:
- Heavy watercolour paper (approx. 350gsm) or mountboard / back of sketchpad (painted white if you’re using this) or MDF (painted white).
- Lightweight patterned & plain & white papers for collage – whatever you have – we will also make some printed papers to use.
- Drawing pencil; Water-soluble pencils (optional); dip pen if you have one;
- Acrylic matt medium (the gel sort, not the fluid medium– Winsor & Newton, Pebeo & Liquitex all make one)
- Acrylic paints – whatever you have – if buying specially just buy primary colours and white
- Mixing palette, brushes (whatever you have), glue brush
- Kitchen roll, water pot, scissors & craft knife if you have one
- Found objects for printing such as bubble wrap, ribbed card, anything with an interesting texture or pattern (wallpaper, food packaging etc)
- Polystyrene food trays / pizza bases
- Inspiration / source material (interesting jugs /cups /seedheads etc)
Please bring your own mug for these sessions. There will be hot water for drinks to have during the session.
Please remember also to bring your own packed lunch.
Participant numbers and social distancing
Workshop participant numbers will be capped at 6 people to retain small group numbers.
Please note that we will be observing social distancing whilst trying to make this as normal a workshop as possible. Bring your own face mask. Do not attend if you, or members of your household, feel unwell or have CoVid-like symptoms. In any case we will be following the government guidance for our activities outdoors and if the guidance changes, we’ll be bound to observe it as necessary.
Please note that a ticketing fee of £2 is included in the price of this workshop and this is not refundable in any circumstance.
If you are unable to attend the workshop and you cancel your attendance more than two weeks prior to the workshop, the ticketing fee above will be retained. If you cancel less than two weeks before the workshop no fees are refundable.
In the event of City Arts having to cancel the workshop due to participants’ numbers falling below the minimum requirement or government advice changes, we will refund the whole workshop amount.