Wed 7 April 2021, 10am to 3:30pm £45
This workshop is for adults.
Be prepared to free up and let go! Using bold colours and loose energetic mark-making with big brushes and palette knives we will create lively and dynamic landscape paintings. We will explore composition, layering, & creating atmosphere through your selection of colours. Add in a bit of spatter and flourishes of oil pastel for that finishing touch!
Lots of step-by-step demos & individual help…. a basic knowledge of acrylics is useful.
Further Acrylic day courses with Karen are available during October and November 2020
About the tutor
Find tutor information for Karen Carter here
Other costs and Materials to bring
Due to CoVid 19 we are unable to share materials so please bring the following:
- Heavy watercolour paper (approx. 350gsm) or acrylic paper/board or primed MDF (painted white).
- Heavy cartridge paper for initial studies and exercises
- Soft drawing pencil, rubber
- Oil pastels or artists crayons such as Neocolour – whatever you have (don’t buy specially)
- Acrylic paints – primaries plus any others you have – if buying specially just buy primary colours and white
- Mixing palette, brushes (whatever you have),
- Kitchen sponge, small offcuts off cardboard / old credit card / palette knife if you have one
- Kitchen roll, water pot, water spray bottle if you have one
- Inspiration / source material / sketches of landscapes (the tutor will also bring some images as starting points)
- Old clothes / apron,
Please bring your own mug for these sessions. There will be hot water for drinks to have during the session.
Please remember also to bring your own packed lunch.
Participant numbers and social distancing
Workshop participant numbers will be capped at 6 people to retain small group numbers.
Please note that we will be observing social distancing whilst trying to make this as normal a workshop as possible. Bring your own face mask. Do not attend if you, or members of your household, feel unwell or have CoVid-like symptoms. In any case we will be following the government guidance for our activities outdoors and if the guidance changes, we’ll be bound to observe it as necessary.
Please note that a ticketing fee of £2 is included in the price of this workshop and this is not refundable in any circumstance.
If you are unable to attend the workshop and you cancel your attendance more than two weeks prior to the workshop, the ticketing fee above will be retained. If you cancel less than two weeks before the workshop no fees are refundable.
In the event of City Arts having to cancel the workshop due to participants’ numbers falling below the minimum requirement or government advice changes, we will refund the whole workshop amount minus the ticketing fee above.