Two day Pastel painting workshop with Kevin Scully
Sat 3 and Sun 4 October 2020, 10am to 4pm each day, £125
This workshop is for adults (18+)
Creating drama and atmosphere can add another dimension to your paintings, and during this course we will be examining the different techniques that will enable us to produce some exciting and evocative effects. Mood can be established in a variety of ways including lighting, composition, viewpoint, contrast, and alternative colour schemes. We will be depicting different seasons and weather conditions in our landscape and seascape paintings using soft pastels.
About the tutor
Find tutor information for Kevin Scully here
Other costs and Materials to bring
Due to CoVid 19 we are unable to share materials so please bring the following:
- A selection of good quality soft pastels (Unison, Schmincke, Sennelier, Jackson’s, Winsor & Newton etc.). We will be using predominantly blues, greens, and earth colours together with white, but please also bring any other colours you have.
- Several fairly large sheets of pastel paper in a selection of neutral shades: grey, blue/grey, beige etc. These can be cut to create smaller sizes if necessary. Canson Mi-teintes is a good make.
- Some sheets of sugar paper, or similar cheap paper to interleave between your paintings, to protect them when taking them home.
- An aerosol of fixative
- Kitchen towel, or tissues
- A roll of masking tape
- Some old clothes
- N.B: Drawing boards will be provided
Please bring your own mug for these sessions. There will be hot water for drinks to have during the session.
Please remember also to bring your own packed lunch.
Participant numbers and social distancing
Workshop participant numbers will be capped at 6 people to retain small group numbers.
Please note that we will be observing social distancing whilst trying to make this as normal a workshop as possible. Bring your own face mask. Do not attend if you, or members of your household, feel unwell or have CoVid-like symptoms. In any case we will be following the government guidance for our activities outdoors and if the guidance changes, we’ll be bound to observe it as necessary.
Please note that a ticketing fee of £5 is included in the price of this workshop and this is not refundable in any circumstance.
If you are unable to attend the workshop and you cancel your attendance more than two weeks prior to the workshop, the ticketing fee above will be retained. If you cancel less than two weeks before the workshop no fees are refundable.
In the event of City Arts having to cancel the workshop due to participants’ numbers falling below the minimum requirement or government advice changes, we will refund the whole workshop amount minus the ticketing fee above.