Saturday 26 September 2020 , 10am to 4pm. £45
This workshop is for adults.
This workshop is designed to explore the absolute basics of acrylic painting; from colour mixing using just the primary colours, to different ways of applying the paint (thick, thin, opaque, transparent) and the use of basic mediums.
A fun and informal course, by the end of which students will have an understanding of the properties of acrylic paint, colour mixing, and simple techniques for creating their own paintings. Students will complete a number ofexercises and at least one finished piece of work
There will be lots of step-by-step demos and individual help….no previous experience necessary.
Further Acrylic day courses with Karen are available during October and November 2020
About the tutor
Find tutor information for Karen Carter here
Other costs and Materials to bring
Due to CoVid 19 we are unable to share materials so please bring the following:
- Watercolour paper x 3 sheets (approx. A4 or bigger)
- Soft drawing pencil, rubber
- Cartridge paper for initial studies and exercises
- Acrylic paints – primaries: Process Cyan, Process Yellow, Process Magenta, White [note: It is better to buy four tubes of a decent brand such as Daler System 3 or Winsor & Newton than a large set of a cheap brand].
- Mixing palette with a large flat area (tear-off palettes or plates are fine)
- Range of brushes: bring whatever you have – the tutor will have some available to borrow and advise on what to buy
- Kitchen sponge, palette knife if you have one(the tutor will have some available to borrow)
- Kitchen roll, water pot,
- Bring some simple still life props such as pears, apples, figs, grapes
- Old clothes / apron,
Please bring your own mug for these sessions. There will be hot water for drinks to have during the session.
Please remember also to bring your own packed lunch.
Participant numbers and social distancing
Workshop participant numbers will be capped at 6 people to retain small group numbers.
Please note that we will be observing social distancing whilst trying to make this as normal a workshop as possible. Bring your own face mask. Do not attend if you, or members of your household, feel unwell or have CoVid-like symptoms. In any case we will be following the government guidance for our activities outdoors and if the guidance changes, we’ll be bound to observe it as necessary.
Please note that a ticketing fee of £2 is included in the price of this workshop and this is not refundable in any circumstance.
If you are unable to attend the workshop and you cancel your attendance more than two weeks prior to the workshop, the ticketing fee above will be retained. If you cancel less than two weeks before the workshop no fees are refundable.
In the event of City Arts having to cancel the workshop due to participants’ numbers falling below the minimum requirement or government advice changes, we will refund the whole workshop amount minus the ticketing fee above.