Welcome to our exciting fundraising project. We began our fundraising with an exciting project: 100 Canvases 2017 a community event for all ages and abilities.
We asked the community to helps us paint, exhibit and buy 100 canvases…
The ‘100 Canvases’ process was as follows:
- Come and purchase a 30 x 30cm (12 x 12″) canvas from us for £5, on either Sat 28th or Sun 29th January
- Create your design using any medium/technique on your own time (don’t sign them on the front!) and,
- Deliver and donate your finished artwork to us, on either the Sat 11th or Sun 12th February (or by appointment with Isabel Carmona).
Collection and delivery are both from City Arts Newbury from 10 am to 2pm
- Or you can come and do the above with us, in situ on the Tuesday 14th February, at our Canvas Painting Workshop day, for the cost of the canvas (£5).
- Workshop times are either 10am-12pm or 1pm-3pm
Following the collection of the canvases, we held a Fundraising Exhibition Weekend on Sat 18th and Sun 19th February from 10am to 3pm, we displayed, for sale, all the canvases you donated and you were able to purchase any of the canvas too!
The exhibition was “blind” with no names of the artists displayed.
All proceeds of the exhibition went to the City Arts Building Renovation Fund.
We hope you enjoyed it!
We still have some canvases for sale, so get in touch and come along for a viewing.